SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- 18 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Red bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp canned black beans, drained
- ¼ cup Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 tbsp Salsa
- 2 tbsp Jack cheese, shredded, plus for topping
- Vegetable Oil Spray, as needed
Prep 30 | Cook15 | Serves: 1
- 1) Preheat Napoli oven on Low for 30 minutes with the door on.
- 2) Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- 3) Coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. Lay the mushrooms, cavity side down, on the baking sheet and bake until the mushrooms are just tender, about 5 minutes. Turn over the mushrooms so that the cavity is facing up.
- 4) Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan set over medium heat. Cook garlic and red bell pepper stirring frequently, until bell peppers are soft, around 4 minutes.
- 5) Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the black beans, brown rice, cilantro, salsa and jack cheese.
- 6) Divide the mixture between the mushrooms, gently stuffing it into the open cavities.
- 7) Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the stuffed mushrooms.
- 8) Bake the mushrooms until the cheese is starting to melt and turn brown, around 8 minutes.
- 9) Serve immediately.