- 2 Pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbs sour cream
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 pounds ground beef or ground lamb
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped in medium dice
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup beef broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup Peas
- Paprika, as needed
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Prep 30 | Cook30 | Serves: 6
- 1) Preheat Napoli oven on Low for 30 minutes with door on.
- 2) Meanwhile boil potatoes in salted water until soft, around 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Mix sour cream, egg and cream and add mixture into potatoes and mash until smooth.
- 3) While potatoes boil, preheat a large pan over medium high heat. Add oil to hot pan with beef or lamb. Season meat with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble meat for 3 or 4 minutes. Add chopped carrot and onion to the meat. Cook veggies with meat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4) In a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 1 minute while stirring. Add gravy to meat and vegetables. Stir in peas.
- 5) Fill a medium casserole pan with meat and vegetable mixture. Spoon potatoes over meat evenly, sprinkle paprika on top and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are evenly browned. Top Shepherd’s Pie with chopped parsley and serve immediately.