ROSEMARY BRAISED LAMB SHANKS
- 6 Lamb Shanks
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle red wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 10 ounces chicken broth
- 10 ounces can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
Prep 30 | Cookover | Serves: 6
- 1) Preheat Napoli Oven on Low for 30 minutes with door on.
- 2) Sprinkle shanks with salt and heat oil in heavy large cast iron pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches and sear lamb shanks until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer shanks to large plate or bowl and reserve until needed.
- 3) Add onions, carrots and garlic to pot and sauté them until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour until fully combined. Stir in wine, tomatoes, chicken broth and beef broth. Season with rosemary and thyme. Place lamb shanks in pot and press them down until submerged. Cover the pot with lid and place inside Napoli Oven and let cook until lamb shanks are tender, about 2 hours.
- 4) Remove cover from pot and cook for 15 minutes longer so juices thicken. Arrange lamb shanks on a platter with juices and vegetables. Serve immediately.