Rootbeer Jerk Chicken
by Andrés Dangond
- 1 chicken, divided into breasts, wings, legs, and thighs
- 1/2 cup rootbeer soda
- 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup green onions (scallions)
Prep 60 | Cook25 | Serves: 5
- 1) Combine chicken, rootbeer soda, and 2 tablespoons of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning in a mixing bowl or container. Cover and allow to marinate for 1 hour in the fridge, or overnight preferably.
- 2) Preheat Lynx Grill to low heat, or 275°F - 300°F
- 3) Gently pat dry the chicken with a paper towel. Place chicken pieces in a bowl and drizzle the vegetable oil over and the remaining tablespoon of Jerk seasoning. Mix to coat all chicken evenly with oil and seasoning.
- 4) Place chicken on grill and cook for about 12 minutes on each side or until internal temperature of the thickest piece reads 165°F with a meat thermometer
- 5) Place chicken on a servings platter, sprinkle scallions, and enjoy!