Margherita Pizza by Donatella Arpaia
by Donatella Arpaia
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 3-4 tbs olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- 5-6 basil leaves
Prep 30 | Cook5 | Serves: 6
- 1) Preheat Lynx Pizza Oven on low for 30 minutes.
- 2) Divide the dough ball in half.
- 3) Working one ball of dough at a time, take one ball of dough and flatten it with your hands on a slightly floured work surface. Starting at the center and working outwards, use your fingertips to press the dough to 1/2-inch thick. Turn and stretch the dough until it will not stretch further. Let the dough relax 5 minutes and then continue to stretch it until it reaches the desired diameter - 12 inches. Use your palm to flatten the edge of the dough where it is thicker. You can pinch the edges if you want to form a lip.
- 4) Spread 2 tbs. olive oil over dough.
- 5) Slice the tomatoes and arrange over pizza dough. Then slice the mozzarella and sprinkle over the tomatoes. Tear basil leaves and place over the mozzarella.
- 6) Transfer pizza to a cooling rack in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes, rotating once 90 degrees halfway through cooking.