Grilled Eggplant, Tomatoes and Mozzarella
by Donatella Arpaia
- 1 large eggplant
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- ½ pound smoked mozzarella
Prep 15 | Cook10 | Serves: 4
- 1) Heat grill to medium high heat.
- 2) Cut eggplant into thick slices, about ½ inch.
- 3) Slice tomatoes into thick slices, about ½ inch.
- 4) Slice the mozzarella into thick slices, about ½ inch.
- 5) Brush the eggplant and tomato slices with olive oil.
- 6) Place the eggplant slices on the grill and grill until charred on both sides.
- 7) Place tomatoes on grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove.
- 8) Place a tomato slice on a slice of eggplant, top with a slice of smoked mozzarella.
- 9) Place stack back on grill and close the cover for 1 minute or until cheese starts to melt.
- 10) Place on serving dish and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, to taste.