Devin’s Lemon Thyme Chicken Kebabs
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 lbs. trimmed boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 20-25 1-inch red onion squares (about ½ cup)
- 4 metal or wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
Prep 20 | Cook10 | Serves: 4
- 1) In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, thyme, olive oil, honey, and salt.
- 2) Cut the chicken into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Transfer them to a re-sealable plastic container, and pour the marinade over top. Toss the chicken in the marinade. Put the lid on the container and refrigerate it for at least 6 hours or overnight, rotating it at least once.
- 3) Preheat the grill to high.
- 4) Place a piece of onion on a skewer. Add a cube of chicken, then another piece of onion. Repeat, dividing the chicken between 4 skewers, beginning and ending with onion on each.
- 5) Place them side by side on the grill. Turn the heat to medium, if possible. Cook them for 2 minutes, rotate them ¼-turn and cook them another 1-2 minutes per side until they are no longer pink inside.