Bechamel and Zucchini Pizza
by Donatella Arpaia
- 3 tbs. Butter
- 3 tbs Flour plus ½ cup for zucchini
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs olive oil and extra to fry the zucchini
- 8 oz shredded smoked mozzarella
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
Prep 30 | Cook5 | Serves: 1
- 1) Preheat Lynx Pizza Oven on low for 30 minutes.
- 2) In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes. Add the milk, stirring constantly until it thickens. Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Remove béchamel from the stove and allow to cool.
- 3) Divide the dough ball in half.
- 4) Working one ball of dough at a time, take one ball of dough and flatten it with your hands on a slightly floured work surface. Starting at the center and working outwards, use your fingertips to press the dough to 1/2-inch thick. Turn and stretch the dough until it will not stretch further. Let the dough relax 5 minutes and then continue to stretch it until it reaches the desired diameter - 12 inches. Use your palm to flatten the edge of the dough where it is thicker. You can pinch the edges if you want to form a lip.
- 5) Spread 1 tbs. olive oil over the dough then spread the béchamel evenly over the dough.
- 6) Sprinkle the mozzarella over the béchamel.
- 7) Transfer pizza to a cooling rack in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes, rotating once 90 degrees halfway through cooking.
- 8) While the pizza is baking, flour the zucchini and shake off excess flour. Fry the zucchini in olive oil until golden brown. Remove and salt.
- 9) Once the pizza is baked top with the fried zucchini.